We are delighted to be welcoming people back to the Buddhist Centre. At our in-person events we will be doing things differently to keep everyone as safe as possible with social distancing, increased hygiene and other new things in place.
Here is what you need to know if you want to attend at in person event:
- You need to book online for every event you want to come to – this is because places are limited so we can socially distance. When you book you will be asked for contact details – these will be kept for a few weeks so that we can contact you if someone at your class develops COVID-19.
- Please do not attend an event (even if you have booked) if you have COVID-19 symptoms or you’ve been in contact with someone who has.
- Please keep a 2 meter distance from others at all times, refrain from hugging others and use the hand sanitiser provided to increase hand hygiene.
- We ask that you wear a face covering (unless you are exempt from doing so) on entry, exit and when moving around the building to reduce risk of transmission in spaces where it is harder to maintain distance. It can be removed when you are seated in the Shrine Room. We will have face masks available for those who don’t have one but if you can bring your own that will save resources.
- All events will be in our larger rooms which will be set up with a mat, chair and cushion in each place at 2 meters from others. Please bring a blanket with you if use want one.
- The Café area is closed – please bring a bottle of soft drink if you want to.
- Toilets will be open for use. If you live locally please use the toilet at home to reduce use where possible.
- Please arrive between 15 and 5 minutes before the class – you will go straight into the Main Shrine Room on arrival.
- Donations. Our classes continue to run on a donation basis. To reduce contact with cash we would be grateful if you would consider making a donation online
In August we’re happy to welcome you to join us for Sangha Night on a Thursday. The timings are 7.30-9.00. In line with government guidance you need to reserve a space in our socially-distanced shrine room. Reservations can be made here.